Thursday, December 29, 2011

Steven Weeks

Pastor Brandon Berry....I mean PB,
           I hope you hear me in this. I can’t put all of what I wish to say in words, but here’s my best to describe the type of friendship that I have valued from you. You’re a great man! Mighty in the sight of God. Loving to your wife. Father to your two daughters and the daughter that knows your near even before meeting you. Wonderful son to your Mother and Father. Awesome brother to your brother by blood and in Christ. And so many others are grateful for meeting you. You pour your time, energy, and the Love of Christ into those you meet. The youth you have cared for, Javan, Elliot, and the many others that you have impacted through a hug, a word, a teaching, or just in modeling a life dedicated to God.
           No matter how many people you have impacted you make each feel personal and touched.  When you know that God has placed you in the midst of someone that you will be connected to for a longer time than you make sure to take notice and invest. This describes our friendship. I still remember the first time I personally sat down and had a serious conversation with you. Starbucks January, 21, 2010 9am, I searched for this on my google calendar :)!! I had just joined the ministry and just wanted to get involved and you were willing to sit down with the men and women that were apart of “Revolution” at the time to see where we were and just get to know us. I remember when I told you something that I didn’t tell many others, but felt like it was just a moment where I should just flow and let you know what I knew God had chosen me for. Breaking poverty mindsets off of youth all over the world.
          The rest feels like a life of servant hood and friendship to you where I desired to serve the ministry of “Revolution” in anyway possible and that of course included honoring the head and serving in any capacity necessary. I learned more about you over time and gained more and more respect for your relationship with God, your family, your staff, your friends, and all the youth you served. Learning about the stories of your past and hearing about things that I could only dream of hearing. I began to see and be thankful that God allowed me to watch you in the ministry. Overtime I realized you would share things with me that you didn’t with everyone. Then I began to see you didn’t just treat me like other people you knew in the ministry, but that you actually trusted me.
           We had a couple occasions like a Revolution sleepover where we learned about the what it means to be trustworthy from a story of your Father and his choice to do what was right, instead of what is in the best interest of self. Funny Story. That night we played Cashflow 101 and I learned more about the wonderful woman you married. Then we had bootcamp and the emphasis on Friends, Family, Fitness, Finances, and Future. More building time for the relationships with you, Pastor Tavner, Coach Ed, and others. Then came the Nerd Nights. I can’t even remember how they got started??
            No matter what the occasion was that has come, I am thankful for your honesty and openness to share your walk with God and to be able to join together with you and edify one another unto godliness and fulfillment. I pray for God to continue to bless you and that I may be connected to you as we continue our walks with God. Thank you for being the friend you have been and I may this Birthday be one to remember. A special day to honor a special man that seeks to humble himself before God and his responsibilities. 
                                    Love ya bro!
                                    Steven Weeks      

No comments:

Post a Comment